A Ramaiya, Guide to the Companies Act is a section-based commentary of the Companies Act, 2013. Widely recognised as the most thorough and comprehensive reference work on corporate law, this book has been relied on and cited in various judgments of the Supreme Court as well as High Courts. Since its first publication in 1956, this work has exceptionally stood out in every way – for its meticulous research, well-written commentary, description of legislative intent, succinct coverage of Indian and foreign judicial precedents, procedural rules, notifications, clarifications and circulars.
An essential reference for corporates, practicing advocates, accounting professionals, company secretaries, academicians, judges and members of various tribunals.
Key features of this edition:
- Comprehensive and authoritative first edition after all the provisions of Companies Act, 2013 are notified
- The commentary is prepared by the subject matter experts in corporate law with rich experience in regulatory, compliance, litigation, transaction advisory role, as well as accounting and auditing
- Up-to-date with developments introduced after the publishing of previous edition
- This edition apart from merely updating the content, have also highlighted areas where legislative attention is required
- A special offering with this edition is a Supplement covering amendments introduced vide the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2020
- Supplement will be supplied to customers free of cost upon sharing details using the QR Code on first page of Volume 1
- Detailed discussion on the concept of Reflective Loss under Oppression and Mismanagement
- Completely revamped appendices cover latest rules, regulations, notifications, circulars and clarifications issued under the Companies Act, 2013 and also under allied legislation (SEBI, FEMA and RBI)
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, related rules, regulations and guidelines are also incorporated in this edition
- Box 1 covers Volume 1 to 3 and Appendix 1 and 2 along with Consolidated Table of Cases, Consolidated Index and Additional Reference Material.
- Volume 1 comprises of Chapters 1 to 8 covering sections 1 to 127 dealing with Incorporation, Prospectus, Share Capital and Debentures, Acceptance of deposits by Companies, Registration of Charges, Management and Administration and also Declaration and Payment of Dividend
- Volume 2 comprises of Chapters 9 to 16 covering sections 128 to 246 dealing with Accounts of Companies,Audit and Auditors, Appointment and Qualifications of Directors, Meetings of Board and its Powers, Appointment and Remuneration of Managerial Personnel, Inspection, Inquiry and Investigation, Compromises, Mergers and Amalgamation and Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Volume 3 comprises of Chapters 17 to 29 and Schedules covering sections 247 to 470 and Schedules 1-7 dealing with Registered Valuers, Removal of Names of Companies from the Register of Companies, Revival and Rehabilitation of Sick Companies, Winding Up, Companies Incorporated Outside India, Government Companies, Registration Offices and Fees, Nidhis, National Company Law Tribunal and Appellate Tribunal, Special Courts and Miscellaneous
- Appendix 1 covers Appendices 1 to 67 which includes important Ready Reference tables, Companies Rules and Circulars issued under the Companies Act, 2013, SEBI Act along with relevant Regulations and FAQs
- Appendix 2 covers Appendices 68 to 140 which includes Depositories Act along with relevant Regulations, IBC along with relevant Rules, Regulations and Guidelines, Competition Act, 2002, relevant Rules and Regulations, RBI Act, 1934 along with Master Directions and FAQs on NBFCs , FEMA, 1999 along with relevant Rules, Regulations, Master Directions and FAQs on FEMA and SARFAESI Act and relevant Rules
- Consolidated Table of Cases, Consolidated Index and Additional Reference Material are provided in a separate volume