Civil Procedure Code by C.K. Takwani provides an interesting and lucid study of the fundamental principles of civil procedure in a logical sequence. The topic-wise treatment of the subject along with references to academic writings and the judicial decisions makes the study of civil procedure more meaningful and comprehensible. This book explains complex legal concepts with clarity and coherence as well as covers all aspects and dimensions of law relating to Civil Procedure and Limitation in India. The current ninth edition of the book has been thoroughly revised and updated by the author.
- Incorporates all legislative developments including a new chapter on Commercial Courts Act, 2015.
- Rulings on the subject by the Supreme Court as well as the High Courts have been painstakingly extracted by the author and all the latest case law up to (2020) 16 SCC have been incorporated.
- Certain topics such as res sub-judice, res judicata, set-off and counterclaim, ex-parte decree, affidavits, interim orders, consent decree, examination of witnesses, suits by or against government, letters patent appeal, transfer of cases, etc. have been discussed in detail.
- Discusses the leading decision in M. Siddiq v. Suresh Das (popularly known as the Ram Janmabhoomi case) as reported in (2020)4 SCC 1.
- Includes List of Suggested Readings, which is a compilation of articles by legal luminaries to widen the scope of discussion on several topics.
- Legal maxims or principles explaining the topics discussed, have been quoted at the beginning of every chapter.
- The topic-wise treatment of the subject along with references to academic writings and the judicial decisions makes the study of civil procedure more meaningful and comprehensible.
About the author:
Chunilal Karsandas Thakker (born 10 November 1943) is a retired judge of the Supreme Court of India. Justice Thakker was born at Mander near Porbandar in the State of Gujarat.
Thakker was appointed as part-time Lecturer in Law in Sir L.A. Shah Law College, Ahmedabad, in 1970 and continued as such until he was elevated to Judge of the High Court of Gujarat on 21 June 1990. He was also Acting Governor of the State of Maharashtra from July to October 2002. Thakker was appointed as a judge of the Supreme Court of India on 7 June 2004
He has written books “Lectures on Administrative Law”, “Civil Procedure” and “Criminal Procedure” which have been appreciated in India as well as in U.S.A. Also revised V. G. Ramchandran’s monumental work “Law of Writs” (1993) and Ratanlal & Dhirajlal’s “Law of Crimes” (2002) (Silver Jubilee Edition).
- Publisher : Eastern Book Company
- Author : C.K. Takwani
- Edition : 9th Edition 2021
- ISBN-13 : 9789388206907
- ISBN-10 : 9789388206907
- Language : English
- Binding : Paperback
- No of Pages : 1062