D D Basu Introduction to the Constitution of India is a pioneer work, catering to the needs of anyone who wants to study the origin and development of the Constitution of India. This title serves as an introductory study on the Constitution for general readers, politicians, journalists, statesmen and administrative authorities. It also meets the requirements of the LL.B., LL.M., B.A. and M.A. (Political Science) courses, as well as competitive examinations held by the Union and State Public Service Commissions. This edition is up to date with legislative changes up to the Constitution (One Hundred and Fourth Amendment) Act, 2019 and notable judgments of the Supreme Court.
- Offers a systematic exposition of the constitutional document, arranged under logical chapters and headings
- Serves as an introductory study on the Constitution for general readers, politicians, journalists, statesmen, administrative authorities, students, and Public Service Commission and other competitive examination aspirants
- Traces the constitutional history of India since the Government of India Act, 1858, analyses the provisions of the present Constitution and explains the interrelation between its diverse contents
- Gives an account of the working of each of the provisions of the Constitution during its first decade, with reference to statutes and decisions wherever necessary, together with a critical estimate of its trends
- Analytical table of contents, marginal notes, index, and reference tables further aid understanding
- Contains all legislative changes and recent amendments to the Constitution up to the Constitution (One Hundred and Fourth Amendment) Act, 2019
- Includes notable judgments of the Supreme Court of India.
- Publisher: Lexis Nexis
- Author : Durga Das Basu
- Edition : 25th Edition 2021
- ISBN-13 : 9789389991598
- ISBN-10 : 9789389991598
- No. of Pages : 540 pages
- Language : English
- Binding : Paperback