First published in 1916, this section-wise commentary on the law of evidence is widely regarded as one of the most authoritative publications on the subject. It adopts an integrated approach, with the provisions of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 eferred to wherever necessary, for better understanding of complex legal issues.
• Technical rules of evidence have been illustrated and explained in a lucid, comprehensive and systematic manner
• This edition has been meticulously revised taking into account the changes brought about by recent legislative amendments
• An attempt has been made to set out the legal position, notice contemporary developments and offer appropriate critiques
• Unnecessary precedents that have clouded and obscured the general principle of every provision has been culled.
• Incorporates latest and notable cases of the Supreme Court as well as High Courts, such as the recent decision of the Supreme Court in Tofan Singh v State of Tamil Nadu, (2021 4 SCC 1) which has set at rest the raging controversy on the admissibility of confessions recorded by the officials of the Department of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) under the NDPS Act
Author : Ratanlal & Dhirajlal
ISBN : 9789391211745
EDITION : 26th
NO. OF VOLUMES :1
COPYRIGHT YEAR : 2021
MONTH OF PUBLICATION : Dec 21